La Fermette Loomis is a small, family-run farm that specializes in organically-grown vegetables.
We grow vegetables the way our great-grandparents grew vegetables – with our hands. We enrich our soil with manure from our own free-range, grass-fed cattle so that we don’t need fertilizers; we are in the garden daily pulling weeds and squishing bugs so that we don’t need herb- or pesticides; and we harvest our vegetables ourselves. Because of this, our vegetables taste great and are free of the things you don’t want on your food. We are too small to be certified organic at this point, but we take great care of our seeds and soil to ensure that one day we can be. We grow vegetables in this way so that our kids (and yours) can eat carrots straight from the garden.
Throughout the season, our baskets include a selection of:
- greens – spinach, bok choy, kale, chard, tat soi
- salad greens – a variety of lettuces, mesclun mix, mustard greens, arugula
- herbs – dill, oregano, sage, thyme, parsley, cilantro, summer savory…
- zucchini and summer squash
- winter squash and pumpkins
- carrots (variety)
- potatoes (variety)
- onions (variety)
- peas and pea shoots
- green, yellow, and purple beans
- dried beans (wide variety)
- tomatoes (wide variety)
Contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in signing up for our weekly baskets (basket season is from mid-June to mid-October).